Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lydia's First Hair Cut!


Lydia will be three years old in February and she finally had her first hair cut. I have been debating for a long time but it is so thin and fine that the longer it got the more straggly it was looking. I would brush it beautiful and with in ten minutes of running around she'd look like my darling little ragamuffin. My only option has been to keep it pulled up. So a couple weeks ago we got brave and I cut three inches off the back! Don't worry I kept it and put it in her baby book and keepsake box! Does she look scared? She was actually amazing, sat still the entire time and didn't seem at all nervous. It may have helped that I let her watch a sesame street podcast on the computer. It was a new one and she was so into it that she didn't even seem to notice what I was doing until I was done and gave her the mirror! She sure enjoyed looking at herself in the mirror and when it was all done she said, "Wow Mom, my hair cut is cute!" She then asked if I wanted a cute hair cut too! I have to admit I was a little nervous at first because of my lack of experience cutting hair. Of course I have been cutting Dan's hair for the past seven years but cutting short hair with clippers is a lot different than cutting long hair with scissors! I was pleasantly surprised with how cute it turned out!

6 comments:

BreAna said...

Looks so cute. She is such a doll.

jenn said...

Great job, mom! The haircut looks fantastic. She is so adorable!

McMurtrey said...

She is so cute! Looks so good. I can never cut strait. Poor Rebekah ended up with much shorter hair than I intended the first and only time that I cut it.

Anonymous said...

Love it! She looks so grown up!

Natalie said...

You did an awesome job. I did the same with Laura's hair right before her 4th birthday and I was also nervous about it. Your kids are so cute! I'm so glad I got to see you this summer

Jessica said...

WOW- can I just say, she is so adorable. You caught such beautiful photos with her big blue eyes and sweet smiles. What a precious little girl.