
Our Little Champ made his grand entrance into the world on Wednesday June 25, 2008 at 3:30pm. Weighing in at a whopping 8 lb 15oz and 21 inches long.

Emmett Daniel Riding! We'd planned on naming him Emmett and it fit him perfectly when we saw him for the first time. Emmett means Hardworker and Truth, Daniel is after his Daddy and Riding, well that one's obvious!

Mom and Baby are doing excellent and although it was natural and the hardest thing Cassie has ever experienced, she much prefers a 5 hour labor compared to Lydia's 25 hours! She is also recovering much quicker this time!

Can you believe it, we're a Family of Four!

Lydia loves her little brother and is going to be the best big sister. When she first came to see us at the hospital she touched his soft hair and said, "Oh he's so cute! I want to take him home with me!" Good response! The next morning she brought her baby doll and sat on the hospital bed to breast feed with Mommy! It was hillarious!

He headed home from the hospital in style and already outgrowing his new pants. That's what I get for not anticipating such a big baby!

Grandma Bush is a lifesaver and I can't imagine what I would do without her. Now I just have to find a way to convince her that she should stay for more than a week!

Isn't he beautiful! He refuses to let us wrap up his right arm. He loves having his right hand rest against his cheek. It is really cute because we have an ultra sound picture of him from 23 weeks doing the exact same thing!

Gotta Love those Burrito Wrapped Babies!

Emmett has been the best baby and brings such a happy and sweet spirit into our home. We feel so blessed to have him!
26 comments:
Congrats!!! He is sooooo Cute! I love the name too!
CONGRATS! He is a doll! So cute! Great day to have him, we share the same birthday! Please call if you need anything. Take Care
Yeah I am so happy for you. He is so cute. I hope everything goes well in the next few weeks. it is always different and take a while to adjust but I know you will do amazing. I love that you little girl tried to breastfeed because so did my 2 year old little boy. hehe. Anyway congrats again.
It looks like he's smiling! How do you fit an 8 pound baby in little you?! Congrats!
Congrats!!! He is soooo cute!
oh what a cutie...can't wait to meet him! Glad everything went well!
Congratulations guys! What a cutie!
good job...no epideral pretty sweet
Your pictures bring back a lot of memories and you are just going to love seeing the differences between boys and girls. Emmett is really adorable and you guys are such a sweet family. This kids rooms look great too- you have been busy! Congrats and nice work on the 8 pounder!
Wow!! I love the pic of him smiling. He is definitely ADORABLE and mean ADORABLE. Congrats again- AND WAY TO GO CASSIE! YOU ARE AMAZING!
So cute and so sweet. We are so excited for you. I love the baby bundle and his cute little smile. Congrats to your little family!!!
He is so perfect! I love his little smiley picture. Lydia is so cute, it reminds me of all the cute things Owen said when Hannah was born (I had totally forgotten). I'm so glad you're both doing well. I can't wait to meet him!
I love that last picture I can see Lydia's smile. Way to go Cassie tackling natural birth. I know you probably didn't have a choice but do you think you would do it again. I love the name Emmit. I'll call you when I get back in town to see him in person. I can't wait to have a boy now!
Congratulations! He is precious. I'm so excited for you! Yikes, I have crazy baby hunger, and seeing your beautiful boy makes me even hungrier! ;-)
Cassie, he is so cute! I am so happy for you guys, congrats!
Yeah, I'm glad he decided to show up. He is adorable. He looks like he has gorgeous skin. Congrats on doing it natural. That is amazing! Good luck with it all!
Congrats! You did it. I can't believe how big he is. No wonder you had no room left. I'm so happy for you guys and glad everything went well. He is darling!
Yay! Congratulations! He is a cutie! I love the sweet spirit that babies bring to the world. I love that Lydia was feeding her doll with you! Difference between big sisters and big brothers I suppose (well my little guy I guess, not Breana's!!!)
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Congrats!!! I love the last pic. where it looks like he is smiling:)
That is so exciting, Congrats! He looks so darling! How fun, yah!!
Congrats! I am so excited for you and your cute little family. Emmett is so darn cute! Good luck with everything!
Congratulations! What a cutie, and big too! Wow, I'm impressed you did it naturally!! Cute family of 4, isn't that crazy? 4 sounds so much bigger than 3!
SO CUTE!! I love the sleep smiles! My guy, Dax, had the same thing -the arms up in his ultrasound and he loved having his in his face (thank goodness for swaddling otherwise he'd attack his face ;).
Congratulations! Natural? That's amazing!!
Cass, he is beautiful!! Congrats! Your little family is so adorable!
What a cute little guy! I'm so excited for you guys! Maybe we can arrange another pow-wow on our next visit to Utah. I need to meet Emmett! We sure miss you! Maddie was just looking at her "Yidia book" (that little picture book you made before you left Hershey) and asked where Lydia was. Hope all is well. I'm sure you're pulling off "mother of two" just swimmingly!
Congratulations Cassie! You look amazing in those hospital pics! He is a cutie too! Good luck with everything! You are so amazing!
Heather
Post a Comment