Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Proud Wife with Bragging Rights!

So I've been wanting to make a post but have become so swamped with life as a mother of two that it is hard to find time to get on the computer. Emmett is sleeping (can you believe he is a week old today?!) and Dan and Lydia went out for some Daddy/Daughter time so I am taking a quick moment to brag about my awesome husband.

Not only is Dan the best Daddy and Husband in the world but he is also a really smart Pharmacist. This week he recieved word that an article he wrote was published! He wrote a really great article back in Pharmacy school and over a year ago one of his old professors, Joe Anderson, contacted him asking if he would be willing to have it published in a medical journal.

Unless you're into this kind of jargon it might be a little boring to read so I spared you from attaching the entire article. If you are into this though you will probably be impressed and I put the reference at the bottom so you can access it if you'd like! Either way I am so proud of Dan and all his education and hardwork to provide for us. He is so amazing and it is so exciting that he has something published! Way to go Dan!

_____________CURBSIDE CONSULT_____________
Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Inhibitors in Patients With Renal
Insufficiency Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
Joe R. Anderson, PharmD,* and Dan Riding, PharmD†
Abstract: Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor antagonists (GPRAs) are
agents that block the final common pathway in platelet aggregation
by inhibiting the binding of fibrinogen to the GPR on the surface of
activated platelets, which then decreases crosslinking of platelets
and thus platelet aggregation. Treatment guidelines recommend that
patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) be
treated with a regimen of antithrombotic therapy that includes a
GPRA to decrease the risk of ischemic events.
Copyright © 2008 by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins

ISSN: 1061-5377/08/1604-0213
DOI: 10.1097/CRD.0b013e31817a7de9
Cardiology in Review • Volume 16, Number 4, July/August 2008 213

Anderson and Riding Cardiology in Review • Volume 16, Number 4, July/August 2008

4 comments:

McMurtrey said...

Way to go Dan! That is so awesome!

Amy F. said...

Hi Cassie!
That's way cool (and congrats, by the way!!). I did actually understand that, thanks to BIO 202 (ok, not really!) ;)

jenn said...

That is absolutely something to be proud of! It's a huge deal to be published.

Congratulations, Dan! May this be the first of many articles. :)

Nick and Leila said...

Sad that I know what that means! That is so awesome! I know how hard that is to get published, tell him congrats for me. I'm way impressed!