Valentines day is really rather controversial. Although I agree with all those who believe it was created as just one more commercial holiday to rake in money, I also find it very enjoyable when you have people you love to share it with! Any excuse for Dan to buy me flowers is a good one but it was also a lot of fun to see Lydia become so excited about it. She wanted to make a Valentine for everyone she loves, which is A LOT of people. She loved hanging up heart decorations and reading valentine story books. She especially enjoyed having a Valentine Tea Party with her little preschool playgroup (a simplified joy school that meets once a week).
With sweet early valentine goodies from Uncle Gabe and soon-to-be Aunt Kristan, to tea parties, Valentines Day and even heart cookies made by Aunt Trisha the day after; it's no wonder she loved the holiday so much. Valentines was a week long for her!
Another reason I love the holiday is for taking time to tell people you love and appreciate them. Last year we started a tradition of "Heart-attacking" homes of people we appreciate and leaving a goody, but this year someone beat us to it. It felt so nice to know someone appreciates you. Lydia of course loved all the hearts and enjoyed picking one off the house each day!
The highlight of Valentines Day was that it marked Emmett's first crawl, or shall I say worm! Emmett is now officially mobile. As fun as it is to see him scoot all over I have to admit that I will miss being able to put him down in one spot and know he won't move from it. He now is the proud owner of mobility! And we now have a new source of entertainment! Emmett will get up on all fours and crawl his knees forward but he forgets to move his arms thus as he crawls forward he lunges onto his belly and then after projecting himself forward he remembers that he has arms and uses them to push up into another all fours position to do it again. It mimics the dance move "the worm" to perfection! It must seem efficient enough for Emmett because he will worm across the entire room to get whatever it is his little heart desires. His Daddy was his motivation to move across the room in the picture below! Tender!


2 comments:
I love how the dad is always teaching the kids to do the things that we would rather wait on. Bryan is always the one incouraging mobility around our house, and I am perfectly fine with immobile and non-speaking!!! Ha!!!
Hey Cassie-
Those are adorable V-Day pics! I just noticed the Love and Logic logo on your blog. Scott and I randomly attended one of their classes a few years ago and I pledged right then and there that Love and Logic was going to be our thing. I haven't tried it yet-but I'm excited for Bridger to be old enough for me to use it.
Jen B.
Post a Comment