Monday, June 9, 2008

Kodak Moments are Suddenly So Much Fun!


So you may have heard me mention that I wasn't very smart in planning my anniversary only four days after my birthday. It squeezes two wonderful days of spoiling awfully close together. However, I have decided that it also has it's perks. For example last week I was spoiled with a totally awesome birthday gift, a NEW CAMERA! Normally I would have never allowed Dan to spend that much money on a birthday gift for me but of course he explained that it also counts as an anniversary gift and any other occasion that would have warranted a gift this year!

Isn't it awesome! We have really been wanting a digital SLR camera because we've been relying on our video camera to take still pics for the last year or more. The video camera is a 4mp where as this new one is a 10!
Ok, Here's evidence. Compare the old:

With the New!

Say Cheese!

Lookin' Groovy!

I just love this picture! Sweet little Toes!

Catching Bubbles!
Am I overwhelming you with pictures? Here are just a few more of Lydia playing at the park to show off why I love my new camera so much. I'm really excited we got it before the new baby comes!



11 comments:

mama cow said...

I got a new camera for mothers day and I totally did picture overload. It is amazing how much better the pictures come out!

Maureen said...

Hey Cassie- It is Mo!! I just saw your blog from Kristin's and was so excited! Congrats on your new camera, it looks like tons of fun! When is baby #2 due? Do you know what you are having? We will have to keep in touch through this blogging world. Sometimes I am on top of it and post a lot and then I go for a while without anything! Your family is adorable!

McMurtrey said...

Wow! That is a huge difference. I can't believe how brown the grass looks in the old and it is actualy green with the new!

Caroline said...

Fun! I'm so glad you got one before the baby. I love the cute pictures of "A-lydia" Owen still talks about our fun trip to St. George. Good luck with your last few weeks of pregnancy.

Bundy Family said...

I got Kory an SLR for his birthday too. He loves it and we can't put it down. I love how fast it takes the pictures.

Cheryl said...

How sweet! Enjoy Enjoy and happy belated birthday and anniversary. Lydia is just darling.

Nick and Leila said...

Cute, cute pictures! We have a similar camera and I love how great the pictures turn out. I can't believe the difference it makes! I love the pool and sunglasses, so darling!

BreAna said...

Oh my heck your little girl is darling! Happy anniversary. I hope that all is well and that you are feeling good with the baby almost here. I am looking forward to seeing your new little guy.

BreAna said...

Oh my heck your little girl is darling! Happy anniversary. I hope that all is well and that you are feeling good with the baby almost here. I am looking forward to seeing your new little guy.

Rachel P said...

Wow, what a difference! Those pictures are amazing. I want that camera! ;-) Hope you're doing well. And Lydia is so cute!

Kyle/Michelle said...

I'm SO jealous! We need a new camera really bad, maybe I'll conveniently drop it and break it...