Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

This post is dedicated to the Wonderful Father's in My Life! I love Father's Day because I have been so blessed to be surrounded by AMAZING Fathers. I especially am thankful for my dear husband Dan and the incredible father he is to Lydia. He works so hard to provide for our physical, spiritual and emotional needs and I must say he is a phenomenal provider! But more than provide he presides over our home with so much love and humility. He is so thoughtful and sincere and he is always there for us. I love to watch him play with Lydia. He adores her and she adores him. He can make her smile and laugh like nobody else. I hope she always realizes how lucky she is to have Dan for her Dad. Thanks for being a Fabulous Father Dan!
In our seven years of marriage we have always enjoyed celebrating Fathers Day and spoiling Dan but there is something that makes it more meaningful when you have a child of your own. This year was especially special because of the fun age Lydia is at. To listen to her sing "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home," in her cute little squeaky voice along with all the actions is precious. Dan's favorite part is when she sings "I pat his cheeks and give him what?" followed by an extra enthusiastic "WHAT?" and then a great big KISS! It was also funny to see her get so excited about giving him his card and telling him what his gifts were before he even opened them! But better than the gifts was the spontaneous and sincere "I WUV YOU DAD!" that she would tell him throughout the day!
This is for my hero, my Dad. The best father a kid could ever have. I Love You Dad! Love, Lydia

I just got off the phone with my daddy and it made me miss him like crazy. Any of you who know my Dad, David Bush, know what a remarkable man he is. But you probably can't even begin to comprehend what a Fantastic Father he is. He will forever be one of the greatest examples in my life. An example of faith, of forgiveness, of one who truly lives as a disciple of Christ. I am overwhelmed with tender memories that have made for a father/daughter relationship I long for all of my children to have. I miss reading stories together at night, playing games, PPI's, going for walks, National Weird Days, Saturday morning pancakes and listening to him play the piano while my sisters and I danced around the room, or while I drifted off to sleep. I LOVE YOU PAPA. THANK YOU!
I also love what a genuine and fun Grandfather my dad is. He takes time for each of his grandkids and I'm sure they all think they are his favorites because he dedicates so much love to each of them. I love how he gets down on the floor and just plays with them. He has also shared his talents with each of them by writing a beautiful song for each grandbaby. I often sing "Lydia's Love Song" that he wrote as her night time lullaby and I feel blessed.

My Father-in-law, Bob Riding, has also become one of the dearest Father's to me. He has loved and accepted me from day one and I treasure our friendship. I respect and admire his leadership and I miss him while he is away serving a mission in Guam. I love that we can tease each other and laugh a lot or just talk and listen. I look forward to more bonding talks on horse rides when he returns. I also appreciate the gentle love he invests in my Lydia. He is a wonderful father and friend. I love You Dad!

Finally, I am thankful for a Father in Heaven who I know loves me and has blessed me with all these incredible men who are living lives and leading families as the Father's he wants all to be.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Awesome tribute! Father's Day is really a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Father Day Dan...Still so crazy to me that we are all parents. Can't wait to see that sweet little baby boy soon!!!

Ruth Emmett said...

Cassie Jo! Hey it's Ruth! You have such a cute family. Well, I succumbed to starting a blog not too long ago and I ran across yours! Looks like you are doing well. When are you due??

Bre said...

Priceless pictures! Love them all! Oh and my mom came to St. George last week, I couldnt get work off, I was SO mad!! I was looking forward to seeing you, so please give us a buzz when you are in town. I cant wait to see that sweet baby!

Bundy Family said...

Cute pictures. I don't believe that you are still pregnant. I hope the same for you that you have him this weekend.

Ruth Emmett said...

I LOVE that you are naming him EMMETT! Yay, I've actually always loved that name long before I met Kyle, and wanted to name future son EMMETT...but now that won't work...EMMETT EMMETT, just doesn't sound good:) So good to hear from you!!

Cheryl said...

girl you've been busy! Emmett and Lydia's rooms are darling. I just wish I could come and see them in person. Don't forget to rest some!

Nick and Leila said...

What adorable pictures! I love Fathers too! How are you doing? Are you almost there! Let us know as soon as you have your cute baby! Are you coming to town any time soon?

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-makanan-yang-cocok-untuk-penderita-maag