Spring has blossomed here in St.George! The flowers are blooming, the grass is a gorgeous green and spring break has come and gone. Although we didn't travel anywhere for spring break we were the lucky recipients of having family stop by for a few days of their spring break! Yipee!Mumsie and Papa took off last Friday to begin their spring break from Utah State University and luckily my baby sister Tasha had spring break from Snow College at the same time! The visit was lovely including a session of golf and time together in the temple. Shopping with my sister, working in the yard and on the chicken coop and of course constant playmates and attention for the kiddos! Auntie Tasha has always been a favorite as the kiddos cling to her. Gramsie always comes with surprises and fun things for the kids to do. This time she came with Aprons and a cool color coded cooking system which they absolutely loved. For them life doesn't get much better than Gramsie and her chocolate chips and I think they would have stayed in the kitchen cooking with her all day if we'd let them!Lydia and Emmett also love to squeeze every inch of play and creativity out of their Grandpa. Lucky for them he comes loaded with both! Grandpa is such a good sport to wrestle, and tickle, and play dolls and play doggy and when they're done playing all they games that you and I know of then Grandpa pulls out his magic and makes up new games. There was truly never a dull moment and I think the kids wore him out from sun up to sun down! Luckily Grandpa and Grandma are always good sports and never complain but we sure hope they know how much these little ones LOVE THEM (us too)!The St.George Temple Visitor's Center just happened to be hosting a display on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir so I just had to take my family over there seeing as how my Dad has been a member of the Mo-tab for 9 years now! It was a fun little display and I learned some things about the choir that I hadn't known before. One display held the batons of each of the conductors in Mo-tab history. My dad told us the funniest story about one time just before broadcast when Craig Jessop was really getting into his conducting and the baton went straight up his nose causing a major nose bleed and emergency measures to get it to stop bleeding through the broadcast. I'll let Dad tell you what they used to stop the bleed!
My other favorite moment while we were there was meeting a very kind man in a wheel chair by the name of Brother Johnson. He has CP and it was a real struggle for him to communicate and get his words out but he was real excited to meet my Dad and told him how it was after hearing the choir sing that he realized he too could sing. My Dad was so compassionate and understanding of this sweet man. I witnessed as he shared stories about an old friend of his with CP named Bob Long whom he had home taught years ago. He shared some faith promoting examples of Bob and Brother Johnson completely related to it. He even got teary eyed as you could feel his appreciation for an understanding voice and listening ear. He shared something with us that changed me forever. He said that, "besides the Atonement of Jesus Christ I believe that Cerebral Palsy is the greatest gift God could give me because with out it how would I learn to have such Patience?" Wow! Talk about faith. I left that night really humbled and full of more gratitude to God for all that I am able to do.
We had such a fabulous visit that it was no fun having to say good-bye Monday morning and my kids had a hard time sharing Gramsie, Papa and Auntie Tasha with their California cousins!
Lucky for us we didn't have to stay sad for too long because Uncle Gabe came down with some of his friends for their Spring Break too! We let Lydia and Emmett stay up late so they could play with Uncle Gabe and they even got to build a fort in the basement together! After the kiddos went to bed we stayed up chatting with Gabe, his friend Mike and Auntie Em & Burke also came over to chat and watch funny you tubes together! The next morning when Lydia woke up she was heart broken that Uncle Gabe wasn't still at our house and insisted that she didn't get to see him for long enough. Being the awesome uncle that he is, he skipped out again Wed. morning to go to the park with my kiddos and then even came over again after getting the long sought after Ostrich eggs to say good-bye the night before he left. I only regret that I didn't get any pictures while he was here.
We sure are blessed to have such a Wonderful Family and it makes me happy to know how much my children love them and look forward to seeing them.



1 comment:
How fun Cassie! Your kids are growing up so fast! I love it when grandmas and grandpas come to visit.
Post a Comment