Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm Thankful!

Oh boy, it's been a while since I've written and I'm just going to go ahead and blame it on this time of the year. We are busy! Having said that I want to take a minute and reflect on some of the fun that has come with the busy! I'll try to do that with some pictures of what we've been up to. I also missed the opportunity to make a Thanksgiving entry but I am still feeling thankful so I'll try and share just a few things on my gigantic gratitude list. I am grateful to live in St.George, especially at this time of the year. We have so been enjoying the beautiful weather and although we now have to wear jackets, we are still able to go on walks to the park and play outside with friends. Here's a picture of Emmett excited to be going on a walk! Whenever we go outside he either has a great big grin or his eyes get big and he sticks his tongue out in anticipation for what's coming next!
 
Posted by Picasa
I am grateful for the endless wonder and excitement that fill a babies eyes as he discovers the world around him. I am also thankful for little girls, specifically my Lydia. One of our favorite books is called, "Do Princesses Where Hiking Boots?" Well as you can see, Princesses wear running shoes and just about anything else that looks like fun to dress up in!
 
Posted by Picasa
I am thankful for imaginations and for children who remind us to use ours. I am thankful for Lydia's laughter and her love of singing. She loves to sing and walks around singing about everything and anything. If she isn't singing she's usually talking (wonder where she gets that from!) and is quite the chatter box. She will talk out loud about what she's doing and likes to "read" out loud too. Our recent favorite is when she tells us about her "plans" or "great ideas!" For example, I was telling her that I was going to go put her brother down for a nap and then he'd stay home with Daddy while she and I ran some errands. Midway through my explanation she says, "Hey wait Mom, I have a Great Idea! Lets wait and let Emmett stay awake for a little bit longer, Daddy can come with us and we can all go get ICE CREAM!" I wish you could hear the presentation she says it with such enthusiasm as if she's trying to sell you on it! Another Gem was today when Dan and I were discussing something and it went a little like this:
Lydia: Mom, that is such a great idea!
Mom: Thanks Lydia
Lydia: What are you talking about anyway?
 
I am thankful for children who know we love them and who love each other too! Here they are asleep in the car holding hands. I know, it's PRECIOUS!
 
Posted by Picasa
Lydia and Emmett are already best friends and it is a joy to see. They play so well together and Lydia can make Emmett laugh harder than anyone. She also loves it when I let him lay on top of her. She will often stick her face in his and then giggle saying, "No Emmett, Don't eat your sister's nose!" She will also sing to him and interpret what he is saying anytime he cries.

I am Thankful for Family. We were so blessed to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my family. The kids and I actually drove up early with my little sister Emily who had been so sweet to come play with us for a few days so we could drive up and see Auntie Tasha in her school musical. Tasha stole the show with her darling dancing! Dan had to work but joined us two days later. I am so thankful for remarkable parents who love us and love the Lord. They are wonderful examples to me and they are the best grandparents to my children. It was a Terrific Thanksgiving. Aside from the expected good food, we enjoyed walks and talks, babysitting while we attended the temple, going out for pizza, watching Walli and of course singing around the piano! Dan and my Dad had fun playing a round of golf and my mom and I had fun shopping, running errands and she even treated me to a fabulous early Christmas present of going and getting a one hour massage. She is too good to me! Christmas decorations went up and so did fun moments watching Lydia and Emmett play with Aunties and Grandparents! Just picture Lydia and Grandpa digging up carrots in the garden, rolling the ball up and down the slide and making the My Little Ponies play the piano! They gathered pine cones and put them in an empty egg carton taking turns uncovering the hidden dime (yet another one of Grandpa's clever game). Then there was Grandma sharing chocolate with Lydia and snuggling little Emmett on her shoulder. Emmett also found his voice while we were in Logan and sure enjoyed hearing himself squeal. Oddly enough he grew tired of it once we arrived back home and has resorted back to his grunting instead of squealing to communicate! I so wanted to post some fun pictures from our trip to Logan but can't get them off of our memory card. As soon as I figure it out I'll post them so we can enjoy the memories again. With or without pictures it was an Unforgettable Holiday. Thank you Family!

Lastly, I am so Thankful for my darling husband! He works so hard for our family and is the reason for so much of our joy! Thanks Dan, I love you!

2 comments:

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture with Emmett holding Lydia's finger. That is priceless! He is growing so big- and what a precious boy he is. Both your kids are just cutie pies!!

Rachel P said...

Oh my gosh, Cassie! Your kids are adorable! I seriously almost started to cry when I saw the picture of Lydia and Emmett sleeping and holding hands. What sweet children! How do you keep them from fighting???? You must be an amazing mother. I miss you guys so much. Please come back!
;-) I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!