This moment was way too cute to forget so I just had to take a picture! We went to the DI last week in search of Halloween costumes (which we did not find) and left instead with a $2.00 pair of roller skates that Lydia found and was absolutely thrilled about. When we got home she was so anxious to try them out and I explained that she would need to wear her bike helmet for safety. She added, "and my elbow pads and knee pads and helmet, so I can be Safe!" Not sure if she got that from Dora or her Sesame Street Safety First book. The elbow pads and knee pads are a big deal because they came with her helmet when we got her bike but she refused to wear them and will only ride around with her helmet on. That has been fine by me so it really surprised me that she was so set on wearing her elbow and knee pads. Of course I supported her decision and thought she looked so cute wearing these pads that take up half of her limbs. The cars driving by thought she was pretty cute too and a lot of them slowed down to check out my little Saftey Skater!
I decided to post this today because earlier this evening we had a fabulous breeze come through and the wind was just right for flying a kite. Dan told Lydia that if she ate her dinner he'd take her out to fly her kite. She was so excited that after dinner she ran and got her shoes on and her bike helmet. We both died laughing and Dan assured her that she'd be ok with out a bike helmet while flying her kite! I guess you never know when that kite will take a nose dive and hit you in the head! I'm glad my little sweetie is so concerned with being safe and hope she always will be even if it does look a little dorky!
13 comments:
hahahaha! tell Lydia it's a good thing she is so safe. Dixon wasn't so lucky this weekend. He was skating while I was at a workshop for work. He came up to a curb and pushed off with one skate. Unfortunately, a loop on that skate caught on the other skate so he couldn't move his leg at all, hit the curb and went sprawling. His hands and knees got pretty scraped up. Hopefully, she wont have a similar experience! :)
she looks darling all deck out in her gear. i love it.
Oh my goodness Cassie! These pictures will be awesome to have forever. Lydia will love and hate that you took them!
Of course you can put our link on your blog. Sorry I didn't ask first, I was just so excited I put yours on without thinking! We sure miss you guys.
Hey Cass, those pictures are so cute! I love that she wanted to wear a helmet to go and fly a kite, that is so cute. We seriously need to get together soon, I will call you so we can plan. Thanks for the pictures you emailed also, I loved them!
What a cutie patootie! I miss you guys!
How cute is that! She looks so adorable. She will love looking at that picture when she is older!
Lydia, You rock! I am so proud of you for being safe. You'll have to help me teach Jake to wear a helmet next time he shows me how many stairs he can jump down. I love your beautiful pictures. I'm so pleased that you are such a loving big sister and a wonderful daughter. I hope someday I have a daughter who calls me Honey. We sure miss you guys and are already planning for the big reunion next summer. Thanks for keeping a great blog. Give Emmett a zerbert for me.
Cassie I think she is so dang cute, not one bit Dorkified!!!
It's VERY cute! I love the flying a kite with a helmet! That's great! I can't believe how big she's getting!
Well she is the cutest "dork" I have ever seen...what a little cutie face.
What a classic picture! She will love looking at that forever! How is that toenail of yours? I had one and they are really painful! I went for a while thinking I was being a baby and didn't really know what it was. I thought maybe my shoes or something. I finally had to get it removed by the doctor!!! lol
Shades and all! Haha! Better safe than sorry ... look how much you are teaching your youngins'! :)
Hey Cassie, It is Kelly Shoroye here, I got your blog info from Telsha! You have the cutest blog and even cuter children. Our blog is ebishoroye.blogspot.com, I am so excited we can be blog buddies!
Post a Comment