Wednesday, July 9, 2008

That's Our Boy!

I can hardly believe that Emmett is already two weeks old! He is such a joy and while Dan can't wait for him to grow big so they can wrestle, I just want to freeze him like this forever. I forgot how much I love to snuggle soft new little babies. I love how good they smell and I love all the cute faces they make.
Emmett had his two week appointment Wednesday and is healthy as can be! He weighs 9 lb 15oz and is now 22 inches long. We couldn't believe he's already gained a pound and grown an inch since he was born! Hooray for Healthy Baby! Due to his gaining so well the doctor also gave me the go ahead to not wake him up in the night for feeding but to just let him sleep until he wakes up hungry. I was ecstatic! It is amazing what even just one more hour of sleep at night can do for you. I feel like a new woman!
Emmett is a sincere joy in our home. He is such a happy and content little guy. He melts our hearts with smiles everyday and impresses us with how strong he is. He actually enjoys tummy time (Lydia did not at his age)! He holds his head up really well now and when he's had enough he uses whatever strength is left to push himself up to his arms and then rock/lean all his weight to the side in order to roll to his back. We are all amazed, especially his big sister Lydia!
Lydia is the best big sister ever! She loves to hold her brother through out the day and is the first to come running when he cries. If only you could hear her high pitched squeaky little voice, "Don't Cry Emmett, Don't Cry!" then repeat it twenty times. I think sometimes her squealing it in his little face actually makes him cry harder but she thinks she's being the biggest helper so it's really rather cute! She also loves to point out that, "He has no teeth," or "He came out Mama's belly, "Look at his tiny toes," and "He's sooo Cute," are a few of my other favorites. The one that tops them all is when she comes over and hugs us all at the same time while exclaiming, "We're FAMILY!" Lydia really is loving this new baby and we have noticed a renewed interest in her baby doll. She likes to change "baby sisters" diaper while I change Emmett, or feed her baby "through my belly" (putting the baby doll's mouth up to her belly button) while I feed the baby. She even helps us give him a bath. We're so grateful she loves him so much.

Besides adoring her baby brother, Lydia continues to grow and entertain us daily. Her imagination is so rich and she keeps us fascinated at the things she notices and retains. She is like a little sponge. For example the other day we were counting the stairs as we walked down them. We finished at 13 on the last step. She then said, "Now we do it in Panish (spanish) Una, dos, tres, cinco, quatro!" So she was pretty close, but I was shocked, I didn't know she could count to five in Spanish. She does have a Dora book that counts to five in Spanish but we haven't read it for a while. It was darling and you'd better believe Dan was excited when she did it for him after work! That's his little Hijita. I think my other two favorite Lydi-isms of the week are discovering that when she asks where's my "keni" or for "keni bread" she's talking about Zucchini Bread. And my all time favorite is when she's feeling independent and tells me, "Mom, I do it all my byself!" We Love You Lydia!

9 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

what darn cute kids...you make cute babies...better have more...but you have permission to wait a bit for the next one...love ya

Natalie said...

Wow Cassie he is so sweet. I'm so glad he is doing well and that you are doing well. What a darling little family you have!

McMurtrey said...

He is so cute! I love new borns! It is so amazing the gift of life. It reminds me how Heavely Father is so real! How he help these babies to develop so healthy!

Jessica said...

He's so stinkin' cute! I love all of Lydia's sayings- she is so obviously her own little person with her own thoughts and personality- she is adorable.

Karen and John said...

Cass it is so good to catch up on your cute little addition. I agree with Lydia, He is soo cute! I can't wait to see him. We are coming into St. George this Tuesday I think, but I will give you a call because I would love to see you guys.

hoday said...

He's just a little bruiser, isn't he? At this rate, he'll be walking before Jules!
PS Nat wrote a note to Lydia on the white board last night and asks about Lydia's new baby. We prayed for you all too the other night. =) Natty (we all) love you Lydia!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I am loving that you little babe is so strong. That really is amazing that he can do all that this little. He must have been doing some serious moving around in the womb. Lydia is adorable...such a fun age, I love that she say's "Were Family" So sweet!

Mindy said...

I love seeing photos of Lydia! She is just such a little Bush if I ever saw one!!! :)

Elggren Clan said...

CONGRATULATIONS friends! Wow time flies. I can't believe baby #2 has joined your family. He is a doll. I'm so happy for you both!
hugs, Sabreena