I love it when it rains in the summer time! When we lived in Albuquerque I so looked forward to the crazy summer monsoon rains in late July and August. When we moved to Pennsylvania they had record rains in July just two weeks after we moved there. It rained almost non stop for four days and flooded the bridge connecting us to town! I love the rain in the East because it is just like the movies. One second it is sunny then you hear a crash of thunder and it is dumping buckets in seconds. You literally have no time to run for cover. We have lots of funny memories about being out for a walk or out and about, then racing home in the rain completely soaked!
Of course living in St.George, summer rain showers are RARE! So when it was pouring on Friday night I just had to sit and watch it out the window. I tried to open the door but the wind was blowing so hard it started coming in the house. I even showed Emmett his first rain storm! Today it also rained for about 5 minutes! Lydia and I threw on our shoes and our rain jackets and went out to play in it. By the time we got outside it was only sprinkling but we still had fun dancing in the rain, catching rain drops on our tongues and Lydia even did somersaults in the grass. If only we'd had a puddle to jump in! Maybe next time.
6 comments:
SO fun! I love the rain as well, as long as it does not last days and days! But I love a good rain shower here and there! You boys is handsomer than ever! What a cute family you have!
Your are such a fun mom! In ABQ the monsoons have come early and it has rained every day for 3 weeks! I am ready for summer to come again!
Thanks for such wonderful posts! I loved seeing the pics. I can't believe how strong Emmett is!! He will definately be a bruiser and will fit right in with all his boy cousins! :)
love and miss you!
I've got to agree with you, the rain is fun. There's just something about it, isn't there?!
Cassie, the next time it rains come up here we had puddles ok more like lakes this last rian. I love rain too, if only we could find a way for it to not come in our bacement!
Oh, I love the rain, and the way it smells after rain! I love the new baby pictures below, how darling!
Post a Comment