Sunday, July 20, 2008

Memory Lane

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

EVERYBODY PLAY! I want to see what memories are out there!

26 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

I rememberd the first time you came to interpret at the branch and how amazing I thought you were! I was/am so jealous of your talent! You inspire me to be better!

Yvonne said...

Yvonne Welch here, well was Yvonne Komosa from high school. Cassie, I don't have one specific memory of you, but I do remeber you were alway kind to everyone. With whomever you interacted with they always felt like you really cared. You were always a genuine person. Cute family by the way, and congrats on the new little one.

mama cow said...

I remember that you would cut yourself an apple everyday at work. You always ate so healthy and it shows! :)

Jessica said...

Hmmm...I thinking back on the great many YEARS I've known you (yeah right)...I remember meeting you for the first time at the library when you were subbing in toddler-time. I remember Lydia was having a difficult time. She holding her dolly and you were being so patient juggling her and leading the songs.
I was extremely awed with your ability to capture the kiddies attention and hold them in suspense from one thing to the next. You were so friendly and welcoming that I made a goal to be more outgoing and get some friends for McKenna and me!
Little did I know what a good friend you would become in such a short time, for which I am very grateful. Don't you think Lydia & Kenna were a match made in heaven?

BreAna said...

I have a dorky one but I remember when we where way younger and I came to your house to play and we watched somewhere in time together. way nerdy memory but I had such a good time over there and all you brothers and sisters where running around and we where having a hard time watching the movie. I also remember in high school everyone wanted to be your friend and just be around you, you bring such a light to everyone you meet. I have always looked up to you in so many ways. thank you for being such a great example to me.

Blog said...

I remember you being asked or answering to Colby during a pep rally. I'm not sure now which it was but I remember it being really funny and probably embarrassing to you. So fun!

Seth & Mel said...

I remember that you never gave me a hug, but always hugged melanie when you saw us.

jenn said...

I remember when you first moved in, and how impressed I was by the comments you gave in Relief Society, and I really wanted to get to know you better. So in our next presidency meeting, when we were asked if we knew anyone who could fill our open callings, I suggested your name. "No," came the response, "She's reserved. The stake has something in mind for her." We were all quite disappointed.

So, when I got over my shyness, I brought some cookies over and told you that I was so glad you had moved in. It was a small thing, but you were so nice about it. Thank you for that, and all your kindnesses since. I'm still so glad to know you.

Josiah & Mandy Smith Family said...

I am so excited to find your blog, I don't even remember the last time I saw you. It was probably when I stayed at your apartment in St. George with Sonnet...like 8 years ago. I remember how funny it was when Sonnet's alarm would go off and she would sleep right through it. I also have great memories of sitting next to you in choir with our onery teacher always getting on our case...I wonder what ever happened to that guy ;) You have such a cute little famiy.

Rachel P said...

I remember the first time Dan introduced you to me, I thought that you looked so familiar. It was like I already knew you, but I didn't. My fondest memory is of you and Dan coming over for dinner and playing games. I miss that so much! You guys need to move back here!;-) Oh yeah, and when you got stuck at my house when Lydia was only a couple of months old because the police shut down my street looking for a murder suspect. Yeah, good times! ;-) Love ya and miss ya! I sent a package to you yesterday, will you let me know when you get it? Thanks!

Rachel Parrish

Karen and John said...

I remember when you moved across the street from me and I think we were in 2nd grade. I was so excited to get to know you. From that time until now you have always been an amazing friend and example to me. I look up to you so much and am so glad to be able to stay in touch with you. Remember we still need to do our yearly get together with our girls (and boys now). Love ya tons!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cassie, I remember the good ol' days at Rain Tree...never a dull moment right? Well one of my greatest memories with you was when we served together in the Relief Society pres. in our College ward. What an awesome experience. That was a rough time in my life and I feel like you always found a way to make a positive out of everything. I still think you are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh I also remember coming to your reception and how cute you guys were...Little Cuties.

Becky said...

A memory of you is practice, practice, practice for The Music Man. Remember when we had to kiss our partners, I about died...Kason. And I think Randy made us do that part over and over like a hundred times! ha ha

Jessica said...

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html a quick article on what we were talking about earlier

The Enslingers said...

Glorious soccer days....I was looking through a soccer scrapbook and saw that we were on the same rec soccer team clear back in 1991!! Crazy! Oh and many teams since then.....And just being in the same ward together! I always loved having you at church and at girls camp! We were pretty nerdy and crazy at some of those camps! Lots of fun!

Heather

Nick and Leila said...

Do you remember that 80s night we did? I think it was at your house and we all dressed up and sang songs! That was so funny!

Kason said...

The best girl's choice date I ever went to was when you asked me to go to the 50's themed dance. I thought I was a super stud out with all the cool people from school. We even had dinner at the Needham's house! I tell ya' Cassie that was a ton of fun. Thanks for asking me. And by the way Becky, I feel very sorry for you having to do that kissing scene with me over and over again, I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Not to mention what a cruddy dancer I was...oye. Those were the days, eh?

Kason said...

Actually this is Sara, strange that both Kason and I have different memories of you from totally different time periods. I remember just moving in to Raintree and feeling all alone, then you had me go to a little party at the treehouse to meet people and play the guitar. I was glad to have you there to always have time for me. I also remember the first time I met Dan, when he came home teaching to our apartment. What a great home teacher, I think he is the only home teacher that ever came every month in the college years. Oh yeah I have some pictures of you and Dan at a Halloween pumpkin carving before you two were even dating. I'll have to find those!

McMurtrey said...

I remember when we were camping and you told us that you were pregnant with Lydia!! We were so excited for you and you were glowing!!

Mindy said...

The first thing that came to my mind was ... "A wise old disco man" ... I have NO idea why we started that or WHO started that but somehow it stuck and I doubt I have a yearbook inscription from you without those words in it!!

Bre said...

I have so, so many of you! But just a couple are one is when we went to some church dance in River Heights and Sally left you, TanDee and I and we walked to your house way late and we were all SO scared. ANd that boy mooned us. We all got in a lot of trouble. Another is when we were all too young to "date" and go to the dance that many of our friends went to so we dressed up in TanDee's grandmas dresses from her amazing costume room and all went to Fredrico's to eat in them. But got embarrassed because we all ended up seeing people there that were actually old enough and were on the actual Dance date. SO fun!!

Bundy Family said...

I have fun memories of working with you in the Relief Society presidency at Raintree remember the pumpkin pie cooking class I taught?
Other memories were working with you at DFCU. I loved all the fun talks we had and girls night out.

Telsha Winger & fam said...

My favorite memory is the sweet tea party you did for the girls and the teddy bear picnic. You went all out and it was adorable. The girls loved it. Even little Skylee at like 7 months.
It's always been fun how Lydia has loved "Baby Skylee." We love your family!

Chixon said...

Hey, I remember when you hid in the clothes rack and left me all alone in the middle of the isle of kmart while mom went to go find someone to clean up the pile of barf I was standing in . Thanks for all the love and support all these years. Worlds best sister. That's you. haha. We know who is still the biggest twerp. Glad we could talk today.

Heidi said...

Here's a quick one. Coming to your house to go swimming at the pool by your apartment...but it started storming. So, all 6 of us sat around in our sunscreen and swimsuits and played that capture the island game you guys love (what was it called again?) while it rained and thundered. Fun memories. We miss you guys!!!