We had a most splendid Christmas Holiday in Logan complete with the Bush Bunch Nativity, family talking stick, skiing, music, games galore, and sledding with the kiddos. We headed back to St.George after a fabulous five day visit and the kids started crying on the way home because Emmett wanted to stay at "Gamas house" and Lydia was devastated that she never got to build a snowman!
Last week when she was saying her prayers she asked two or three times, "Heavenly Father please bless it to snow so that I can build a snowman." I smiled tenderly at her request and almost felt bad for her because the reality is we live in St.George and it rarely ever snows here! Here is a picture of the last time Lydia built a snowman in St.George (December 2008).
Thus you can imagine my surprise when we woke up Monday morning to two inches of fresh snow! The kids were thrilled and Lydia knew her prayers had been answered. Unfortunately we couldn't run right out and build a snowman because we had an early doctor appointment. When we opened our garage a group of neighborhood kids were in the culdesac having a major snowball fight. They started running for us so I threw the kids in the car and they bombed us from every side as we drove away! The kids loved watching the windows smeared with snowballs and I explained that they had to get as much snow play in before it all melted away. Wrong thing to say! Lydia was nervous the entire time we were gone that we wouldn't be able to build her snowman. She sang at the top of her lungs her own rendition to "Rain, Rain, Go Away," it went like this, "Snow, snow come and stay, melt away another day!"Luckily we made it home before it was too late. Lydia froze her little nose but loved every minute of it!She even recruited Emmett to help with the carrot nose, stick arms, and rock buttons.Their finishing touch was putting snowballs in bowls to feed their snowman "snowball soup!"By the time they came in the house they were officially frozen (we don't own snow pants or boots for obvious reasons)! After soaking their toes in a warm sink they cheered up again with some delicious mugs of hot cocoa!Our prayers that night consisted of a very special Thank You for letting it snow in St.George so Lydia could build her snowman. Today she prayed that her snowman wouldn't melt. While everything around it has, it is still standing! We're thankful for little miracles that build faith in children and make us smile!
3 comments:
Cute Cass! Love the pics and LOVE the Christmas card for the year so fun. The way you write is clever and catchy. Just love love love your family!!
Ahh! I didn't know you had snow! Wish I'd have known you were in Logan, I was too! Your kiddos are getting so big and adorable! Miss ya! :)
It's been a while since I've checked in on you (and anyone in the blogging world lately). It was so nice to catch up on you guys and can I just say that I love how positive and upbeat your blog is? I love it, it makes me smile and it makes me want to be a better mom. Go YOU!
Post a Comment