Thursday, July 22, 2010

Return of the SNOW MAN!!!

About ten years ago I moved away from home to begin my freshman year of college. I purposely left a little snowman stuffed animal that someone had given me at home because I didn't want it. My Mother had tried to get me to keep it but I assured her I had no need for it and that we should D.I. it. She however insisted that someone would want it and thus begins the saga of the traveling snowman!

For the past ten years this little snowman has played hot potato traveling from one of my family members homes to another. It is always passed in secret, usually hidden in a funny place only to be found by the family after the deliverer has left their home! We have personally received it in Albuquerque, NM, in Hershey, PA and most recently we received it here in St. George! We have been guilty of distributing it in Logan, Utah (many times), SLC, Virginia and even Hawaii! I recall the last time we got rid of it we threatened that if it ever came back to us we would finish it off for good!

Well, my sister Chelsea beat us to it and when she received the infamous snowman in Singapore she posed it's sad death by lighting it on fire and taking photos. She sent a very convincing email and I honestly let out a sigh of relief thinking it was officially a goner! Until months later when it arrived here in our home and I couldn't believe it. This time we took care of it! Or did we . . .

I may have Survived the 2008 Singapore Flame!
 
But Can I Survive THE ST. GEORGE HEAT?
 
OUCH!
 
Yikes!
 
Save Me!
 
Please, Anything But the Cockroaches!

**********Due to Graphic Content and the decency to preserve little ones innocence, The "Chicken Feed Attack" photo has been pulled from this posting!***********

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! I am so not a fan of stuffed animals and I may be the worst mom in the universe but about a year ago I gathered up EVERY stuffed animal in our house and took it to D.I. It was a great Idea until Whitley started asking about them...eeek!

Katey Fielding said...

Haha! Cas I love you! Those are awesome pics. I'm still laughing.