For some time now my nephew Caleb has been asking to see what our chickens look like. So Caleb my dear this post is for you!
Remember when Uncle Dan first brought them home and they looked like this?Then two weeks later they looked like this:Check out their cute little feathers growing on their wings! They sure liked to cuddle in the corner!Now four months later they look like this!And this! Isn't their chicken run cute that Dan built?He did an awesome job building them a big old coop and chicken run over in the corner of the yard where I hardly even notice them! They still like to sleep next to each other but they do it side by side stretched across the roost inside the coop now. Dan also just finished building their nesting boxes so in a couple more months when they are ready to lay eggs they will have a spot.Our total number of chickens is 15! I know, I know, when Uncle Dan first convinced me into buying chickens he told me 6 or 8. Then he brought home 12 and we gained a few more when his co-workers son brought home the chicks that hatched in his elementary school class and his mom said when they grew too big they had to come to the Riding's! In a couple months when we are bringing in over a dozen eggs a day our neighbors better be ready to enjoy them! When you come to visit I promise I'll make you an omelet!
5 comments:
I cannot believe they look that different in four months! Shocked, really!
Thank you for sending chicken pictures! Caleb was thrilled. We are impressed with Dan's Chicken Run and Coop. Caleb says, "no one else has chickens" He really wanted to make sure I got that verbatim. Oh and, "No one else has cows or horses" Aren't you glad to learn you have an agriculture monopoly? :)
Cassie,
I don't have your email and I can't find you on facebook, so here's a message for you...
My husband and I are considering coming up to St. George for the weekend of the 4th. Do you know what kind of events they have? Do you plan to be in town? Have you ever been to a Tuacahn performance? Lots of questions, huh?!
Marie
daisy81@gmail.com
Cassie, you are so kind! I'm so glad to know you.
Passing occasionally at swim lessons is not enough; I'd love to spend some time with you. I love to see your sweet kids. Can't believe how much they're growing.
We have so much free time this summer. I'd be delighted to get together. :)
so... this is random, but I don't know if you are on facebook or not... here's the info for our 10 year reunion. Spread the word!! :)
Time: 2:00-4:00: Bring your family to play at Willow Park.
6:30-9:30: Adults only at the LHS patio. Dinner will be catered by Cafe Sabor.
Cost for dinner: $20 per couple
Post a Comment