Yes, after seven years I have returned to the Dixie State College campus but this time not as a student, I'm a faculty! I must admit it was really strange when I went to get my picture for my faculty ID and I sat down in the room where I used to give tours of the campus as an Ambassador years ago. Although some things have changed, many have not and my mind was flooded with memories of why I love this beautiful Dixie Campus!I have been teaching a class in American Sign Language. It is a 1020 class and I love it! The teaching part is really fun but all the preparation work and grading is really over rated. Two weeks ago I gave a midterm and spent the next few evenings staying up until ridiculous hours of the night grading 28 student videos and tests. Needless to say I will make the final easier for both their sake and mine! This however is my reason for being so far behind in writing. I used to take advantage of a little quiet evening time after the kids were in bed to write in my journal. That rare little quiet time has now made way for grading and class preparations. However, this week is Spring Break and I am determined to take a break and get caught up. So if you feel overwhelmed with the intended onslaught of entries to come just take your time and read them at your leisure! This Rebel is ready to go. On your marks . . . get set . . . Go!
2 comments:
Cassie,
That's awesome! Those students are lucky to have you as their teacher! I'm impressed.
Wow, I miss Dixie so much! Lucky you. What a great thing to be able to do. Enjoy the St. George sun and that amazing college!
Post a Comment