Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sleep in Heavenly Peace!

Today I woke feeling enthused and the most rested I have in the past two months. Why you might ask? Because my perfectly wonderful baby boy slept 8 hours through the night last night!!! Hooray for Emmett! Yesterday marked Emmett's two month birthday and he celebrated by sleeping through the night which obviously has given me great reason to celebrate! It is amazing how much better of a mom I am when I am rested. I am hoping this will be a trend he will continue. Lydia started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks so I have anxiously been awaiting Emmett's big night and he did it! I do give credit to "Babywise" the baby sleep book I read with both kids, but I especially give credit to my amazing baby and his wonderful behavior. Emmett is such a happy, content and well mannered baby and now he is sleeping through the night! What more could I ask for (well maybe that my belly would be beautiful and flat already!)?

8/27/08
p.s. It wasn't just a fluke, he did it again last night! Go Emmett Go!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is one of the most heavenly things I can think of...Way to go Emmett!

Karen and John said...

Good Job Emmett! That is a big deal when your baby finally sleeps through the night. I didn't do anything or know anything with Eric and he didn't sleep through the night until 7 months. With Ashtyn I prepared myself a little more and books really do help.

Nick and Leila said...

Yah! That's so great. I can't imagine going without sleep all the time. That was super fast. Enjoy it!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Yay! Congrats that is wonderful news! Yes, Babywise is wonderful I wish I would have started it earlier with Skylee. 6 months was much too long to not sleep through the night for either of us. Good job Emmett!

Seth & Mel said...

Good job, but I think Tessie beat both of yours. She has gone through everynight except once. It is so great

Kyle/Michelle said...

So I'm getting that book from the library! Parker has colic and we're lucky if we get 4 hours of sleep a night... I will try anything. Good job Emmett! We are just jealous! :)

Natalie said...

I have flagrantly disobeyed babywise this time around and I am severly paying the consequences. Aaron wakes up five times or something like that.