Two weekends ago we headed up to Heber canyon so I could attend an interpreting immersion weekend. I am currently involved in the ICAN program which helps interpreters advance their certification. I have really wanted to get certified and this program is amazing and finances everything. It only goes from May until Dcember so I would be crazy not to get involved. However after I had my sweet baby boy my focus changed and it was really hard to stay motivated. I am so thankful to have such an AMAZING husband. Dan has really been supportive and encouraging me to reach my goal of becoming certified and he's right, if I don't do it now I may never. Thanks to Dan for being so incredible and taking two days off of work to care for the kids so that I was able to take my test and attend the immersion weekend workshops. Of course I could never be away from my babies all day so thankfully we were able to stay with some dear friends the Lindsey's at their beautiful (and I mean BEAUTIFUL)home in Kamas. Their daughter Karen and I have been friends forever and it was really fun because she and her family were there that weekend as well. I was able to go to the workshops from 9 to 5 and then spend the evenings at their home with them and my family. They were the most thoughtful hosts and not only let us stay but fed us delicious meals. Lydia had a blast with their toys and most of all Karen's kids. Dan was a Super Dad and fed Emmett bottles I had pumped all day, changed diapers as well as feed and entertain Lydia. They went on a train ride on the Heber Creeper and played at the park! I've included some cute pictures below.
One thing we really loved was the cooler weather and the beautiful mountains. It was gorgeous to be up in the mountains and away from the hustle and bustle of life. I think we should all take time once in a while and escape to the mountains!
Lydia's first train ride!
Lydia, Eric & Ashton riding the Heber Creeper!
Poor Little Eye! Lydia ran into the corner of the ping pong table

Lydia & Daddy Swinging!

Karen & Emmett

Eric & Grandpa Lindsey on the Tractor with Beautiful Kamas in the background.
4 comments:
I love it up there...glad you are fulfilling your dreams...that is awesome
Good for you! If you don't do it now life would get even more crazy!! I really miss Utah mountains!
Cass, it was so much fun to be able to spend those couple of days together in Kamas. I am so glad that you stayed with us. I definately agree with you about Dan being a super dad, I thought that whole time you guys were there. You are married to a great guy, but then you are an amazing person too!
Karen Lindsay? Oh, my goodness! I haven't seen her since we were like 14! She lives near/by/with you? ;) Love the family photo at the top!
Post a Comment