Last weekend was so wonderful as I reunited with some of my dearest friends from Albuquerque, NM. I flew out Friday and was nervous to leave Lydia for the first time. I'm not sure why I worried, she had a blast playing with cousins Friday and spending the entire weekend with just her and her daddy! They went fishing, digging in the dirt, got Panda Express for dinner and took it to the park, where she tells me "we ate nummy chicken!" According to Lydia mommy spent the weekend "flying in airplane!"
I actually headed to ABQ for the baptism of one of the most amazing Young Women I've ever known, Nohemi Aldaco. We met when she was 13 and just starting to come to church with her Grandmother. She is now 18 and able to be baptized. She was more prepared than any one I've ever known and has waited longer for this day than anyone I've ever known. Thus it was just as spiritual and incredible an experience as you can imagine. It was wonderful to be there for her. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Cassie & Nohemi
I stayed with my dear friends the Regalados. They made me feel so welcome and spoiled me. We had fun going on a walk, going out for dinner, just hanging out and chatting and of course shopping!
Paul & Renee Regalado
Renee & Cassie
Renee also spoiled my kids by buying darling flip flops for little Lydia and our little man to be!
One of the highlights of the trip was Saturday's Girls Night Out! A group of my favorite friends from the old Manzano ward got together for dinner and then we stayed up late having fun chatting and giggling and like Michelle put it, " they are the kind of friends that come into your life and no matter how long it's been since you've seen them or talked to them, once you are back together, it's like only minutes have passed!"

My sister Emily once told me that when you travel it is not the places you see, but the people you meet that make your exprience memorable!


9 comments:
Hey Cassie- I found your blog through Karen! You better remember me...
Anyway, your family is so cute! Crazy how life goes. I am so happy and exactly where I want to be.
What a fun time!! It was so good to see you again!! It was like no time had passed!! You are so cute!! I hope to see you again sometime!!
I bet you wish I ws there don't you cassie? also don't worry about the swimsuit picture on our blog it is an inside joke...
Seth
It was so good to see you! You need to make an annual trip down here....:) Take care and I hope all is well. Be careful going down to ARizona this weekend! Love ya!
Rachel
That is so great that you got to go down to see all your old friends. I'll bet they have missed you these last couple years.
I agree with Rachel... make it an annual trip! Of course when we move to St. George to be your next door neighbors, we'll both have to travel to NM together for the annual trip :)
Looks like you had fun at your reunion. I bet you saw your Dad a few times this weekend, on tv, that's pretty cool. I bet it keeps him really busy! My brothers sang in the preisthood session with the Utah State institute last night. I was excited to see that you live in St. George. Jeremy is almost done with Law School and we're moving to Las Vegas next month. We'll have to get together sometime. Are there any other of our friends down south, that you know of?
How fun! It looks like you had a GREAT time!
hey cassie jo! this is melodie! what a cute family you have! I am glad to hear that you are doing so well.
Post a Comment