Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet



Last night our dear and beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed on from this life to be reunited with his precious wife and our Father in Heaven. We have loved and revered him as the President and Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The news of his passing was hard for us as a family to hear. He has been the prophet for the past 12 plus years of our lives and was very influential in my life as a youth, wife and young mother. I still vividly recall being a freshman in college and hearing him give A Prophet's Counsel and Prayer for the Youth. This talk greatly impacted me as he gave us 6 ways to Be:
1.Be Grateful 2.Be Smart 3.Be Clean 4.Be True 5.Be Humble 6.Be Prayerful
Not only did this talk motivate reform in me, but I recall the strongest testimony formed that President Gordon B. Hinckley was truly a Prophet of God and that he truly loved each of us as he closed his talk with a special prayer for the youth. Never had I directly heard a Prophet pray for me. The spirit testified truth to me which I will never forget and never deny. Since that time I have again and again been uplifted and inspired by his counsels. I believe in Christ, I know my Savior Lives and I know that President Gordon B. Hinckley is a Prophet of God. Although it is hard to imagine he is no longer with us on this earth I feel peace overcome sadness at knowing he is reunited with his wife whom he so dearly loved and cherished. What a glorious reunion they must be having together in the arms of our Father. May this peace bring happiness to all of you!

No comments: